Sunday, April 18, 2010

Husband and wife


"Husbands, likewise dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker (more fragile) vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered." -1 Peter 3:7

According to this verse, what is God's standard for me as a husband?
1- That I would love dwelling with my wife and not just live with her
2- That I would seek to listen to and fully understand my wife
3- That I would honor and cherish my wife as valuable, and delicate
4- That I would know that she, as a daughter of God, has complete access to all of God's grace without my help
5- That I would understand that God refuses to hear or answer my prayers if I don't live this out practically


...thank you Lord for blessing me with a patient wife!