Sunday, April 18, 2010

kids...



"Behold, children are an inheritance from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate." -Psalm 127:3-5

Here is our inheritance from LORD...greater than any amount of money the world could ever offer. Here is our reward...an single arrow from God that we will shoot into the future in hopes of destroying the work of the enemy and establishing the kingdom of God. One little boy, sharpened by God's Word, aimed at the next generation and launched by the prayers of his parents into the will of God.

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 18:1-3

So, I must become like a little child to enter the kingdom of heaven?
I must become dependent on God and needy, not independent...I must see myself as a child of God, created, owned and loved by Him. I must submit to God's authority rather than claiming my own. I must trust His wisdom, provision and protection over my life......otherwise, I will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

baby james on keyboard

baby james on drums
our little guitar hero

hide-n-seek