Tuesday, January 4, 2011

G.P.S.

Recently my mom purchased me a GPS for my vehicle.
Not only have I found it incredibly helpful when it comes to driving around a new city, but I find in it an amazing illustration for God's Word, the Bible.

Think through this with me.
My GPS is portable. I can take it with me wherever I want to go.
It's reliable and dependable. Much time and effort have gone in to ensuring it's trustworthiness and accuracy.
My GPS tells me exactly where I am, where I've been, and where I'm going. It even tells me how fast I'm going whenever I'm moving.
If I want to get from where I am to where I want to be, then all I have to do is tell it where I want to go and then do what it says. It can tell me all day long what direction I'm suppose to go, but if I don't eventually put my vehicle into drive I'll go nowhere.
My GPS is in the language I speak. The words are in English and the person speaking the directions also is speaking in English. It's great to actually have a GPS translation in my own language. And the translation is accurate!

You see, all I have to do is put FAITH in my GPS and it will take me exactly where I want to go!
It doesn't even take a lot of faith. Just enough faith to get me to put the vehicle in drive and step by step, road by road, turn by turn obey the voice and commands given by my GPS. It's actually very simple and takes very little faith. The GPS does most of the work for me.
And if I make a wrong turn or miss my turn, its ok, because it will re-calculate my situation and get me on the right track in no time at all. It's wonderfully forgiving!

If only I would put that kind of FAITH in the Word of God, the Bible.
The Bible is God's Positioning System for us. God's Plan of Salvation, God's Powerful Solution!
The GPS has only been out for a few years now, and yet God's Word has been around for thousands of years steering, guiding and directing millions of people into forgiveness, joy, peace, eternal life and heaven.
All you have to do is read the Words and obey them. It's simple.
God's Word will tell you exactly where you are, where you've been and where you're going.
God's Word will tell you if you've taken a wrong turn and even how to get back on the right road.
God's Word will tell you if you're going too fast or too slow, and it will also give you a heads up if you need to turn right.
God spent over 1600 years programming/writing the Bible and ensuring its accuracy, reliability, precision and trustworthiness. He had over 40 authors involved in its development.
God's Word is conveniently available in most languages.
My GPS was over $100, but God's Word is free!
And God's Word is also wonderfully portable!
All you have to do is take it with you, open it up, read it...and it will tell you exactly where you are and where you need to be going.
Then you have to actually exercise FAITH and trust it, put your life into drive and go exactly where it tells you to go.
If you do this my friend, you avoid many accidents, much confusion and you'll enjoy the ride a whole lot more!

I've had my GPS for only a month now and it has never let me down. And I use it all day, every day for work.
Well, G.P.S. (God's Perfect Son) saved my soul and changed my life 10 years ago!
I've been reading the Bible ever since and God's Word has never let me down.
I know where I've been, where I'm at, and where I'm going.
I'm enjoying the ride, staying in the right lane, and listening for the next command.
Jesus, take me home!

B.I.B.L.E= Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth

"Trust in the LORD with all of your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." -Proverbs 3:5-6

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
-Psalm 119:105

"All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is beneficial for teaching, reproof, correction and for instruction in righteousness, so that the man (or woman) of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." -2 Timothy 3:16-17

"Obey God's Word! Don't fool yourselves by just listening to it."
-James 1:22